I strongly believe that to keep Prince George's County a Great County, the following issues must remain a priority.
Economic Development must be a high priority for Prince George’s County. Without a dramatic increase in the strength and breadth of its tax base, the County will not be able to pursue its ambitious initiatives and goals. Our development priorities include…
- Green Development: Prince George's County government will be “greener,” both in its own practices and in its development strategy.
- Business Attraction: The County has significant assets that we will use to attract more businesses and development.
- Small Business Encouragement and Support: The County’s economic future will be built on the success of small and minority-owned businesses. We will nurture and develop our small business community, so that it can create jobs and support County-wide economic growth.
Perhaps the single most important challenge in making our good County great is to ensure that every student in every school and college in the County receives a world-class education. Our priorities include...
- High Student Achievement
- Highly effective Teaching
- Safe and Supportive Schools
- Strong Community partnerships
- Efficient and Effective Operations
Environment, Transportation, and Sustainability
One of our top priorities is to pursue transit-oriented development. Taking advantage of our fifteen existing Metro stations is good for the environment and good for transportation in this region. Our priorities include…
- Development at Metro Sites: We will focus new economic development around the County’s existing and underdeveloped Metro stations.
- Incentivizing Green Development: The County will encourage green development through specific transportation budget earmarks and new economic development tax incentives
- Working in Partnership: We will foster a working partnership between the County’s Revenue and Redevelopment Authorities, and with state and federal agencies and departments
- Streamlining Permitting: We will work to make the County’s permitting process streamlined and effective so that development happens quickly and efficiently.
Public safety influences education, economic growth and public confidence. Without a significant and sustained investment in public safety, we cannot be the great County that our residents and businesses deserve. Our public safety priorities include…
- Funding: As County Executive I will continue to give our public safety departments the funding they need to keep our residents safe.
- Community Involvement: Our police, fire and correctional department officials will be accessible to all residents and will work with community associations, homeowner associations, businesses & non-profits to support and protect our County.
- Regional Cooperation: We will work with our surrounding jurisdictional leaders in Anne Arundel, Charles & Montgomery Counties and the District of Columbia to address cross boarder crime.
- Warrants: I will continue to work with our States Attorney's and Sheriff to go after outstanding warrants and ensure that criminals are brought to justice.
Anne Arundel County School Superintendent ...
Washington Post Editorial Board on March 20, 2013
Rushern L. Baker, III on October 14, 2012
Friends, The convention is over, and the folks who gathered in Charlotte from all o ...